Position in the ranking is based on each scientist’s D-index using data compiled from Microsoft Graph
by December 6th 2021.
This ranking lists all the best researchers from the Medicine discipline and
affiliated with University of Michigan–Ann Arbor.
There are a total of 151 researchers included with 4 of them also being included in the global ranking.
The total sum for the D-index values for the best scientists
in University of Michigan–Ann Arbor is 13,037 with a mean value for
the h-index of 86.34. The total sum of
publications for the best scientists in University of Michigan–Ann Arbor is 45,040 with the
mean value for publications per scientist of 298.28.
University of Michigan–Ann Arbor
University of Michigan–Ann Arbor (UM, U-M, U of M, or UMich) is a public research university in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It was established in 1817 as Catholepistemiad or the University of Michigania in Detroit. Known as the oldest university in Michigan, the university is recognized as one of the top-ranking universities in the United States. Its notable course offerings include dentistry, psychology, and anthropology.
University of Michigan–Ann Arbor Key Statistics
The university comprises 19 schools and colleges, including the College of Literature, Science, and The Arts, the Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning, and the College of Engineering. It offers more than 200 undergraduate, about 90 master’s, and around 100 doctorate programs. Some of its most sought-after graduate programs are Master of Science in Atmospheric and Space Sciences and Master of Science in Health Infrastructures & Learning Systems.
University of Michigan–Ann Arbor's student population is approximately 46,000, around 65% of whom are undergraduates while the remaining 35% are graduate students. It employs about 6,770 academic staff and nearly 19,000 administrative staff.
Other University of Michigan–Ann Arbor key statistics include the University of Michigan Library System, which is known as the third largest library in the US. It has over 14 million volumes and about 222,000 serials housed in its 12-building library. U of M was also the initiator of the JSTOR database, which manages around 750,000 digitized pages of 10 journals of history and economics. The other UM libraries include the Shapiro Undergraduate Library, the Special Collections Library, and the Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library.
The university also manages several museums, such as the Michigan Museum of Natural History, The Museum of Paleontology, and The Museum of Anthropology.
University of Michigan–Ann Arbor Research
The top fields of University of Michigan–Ann Arbor research are medicine, computer science, and biology. Its research outputs have been published in prestigious journals like Nature, The New England Journal of Medicine, and arXiv: Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition.
Its researchers have attended major scholarly conferences, such as CVPR: Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, NeurIPS: Neural Information Processing Systems, and ICML: International Conference on Machine Learning.
The most cited University of Michigan–Ann Arbor research publication is Fornell and Larcker's (1981) "Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error." This was published in the Journal of Marketing Research and has been cited 77,746 times.
The university’s second most cited publication is Landis and Koch's (1977) "The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data," which was featured in Biometrics and has received 65,738 citations.
Moreover, the university’s third most cited publication is Davis's (1989) “Perceived usefulness, perceived ease of use, and user acceptance of information technology,” which was published in the Management Information Systems Quarterly, with 61,306 citations to date.
The university has several research centers and institutes. These include the Michigan Institute for Computational Discovery and Engineering, the Center of Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, and the Institute for Research on Women and Gender.
The other University of Michigan–Ann Arbor research statistics include $1.62 billion in research expenditures and 502 new invention reports in 2019. It has also produced nine Nobel Prize laureates and 36 Pulitzer Prize winners.
D-index (Discipline H-index) only includes papers and citation values for an examined discipline in
contrast to General H-index which accounts for publications across all disciplines.
Our research was coordinated by Imed Bouchrika, PhD, a computer scientist with a well-established record
of collaboration on a number of international research projects with different partners from the academic
community. His role was to make sure all data remained unbiased, accurate, and up-to-date.
We list only scientists having Microsoft Academic Graph D-Index >= 70 within the area of
Medicine. If you or other scholars are not listed, we appreciate if you can