Position in the ranking is based on each scientist’s D-index using data compiled from
OpenAlex and CrossRef by December 21st 2022.
This ranking lists all the best researchers from the Medicine discipline and
affiliated with University of Maryland, Baltimore.
There are a total of 42 researchers included with 4 of them also being included in the global ranking.
The total sum for the D-index values for the best scientists
in University of Maryland, Baltimore is 4,086 with a mean value for
the h-index of 97.29. The total sum of
publications for the best scientists in University of Maryland, Baltimore is 17,850 with the
mean value for publications per scientist of 425.00.
University of Maryland, Baltimore
University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is a public university located in Baltimore, Maryland. It was established in 1807 as part of the University System of Maryland and is the original campus of the higher education system. Among its notable course offerings are engineering, computer and information science, and social sciences.
University of Maryland, Baltimore Key Statistics
The university comprises seven schools, including the School of Dentistry, the School of Nursing, and the School of Social Work. It offers three undergraduate, 24 master’s, and six doctorate programs. Some of its most sought-after graduate programs are Master in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Master in Epidemiology and Human Genetics, and Master in Marine Estuarine Environmental Science.
University of Maryland, Baltimore's student population is approximately 7,100, around 13% of whom are undergraduates while the remaining 87% are postgraduate students. It has over 7,750 employees, which include more than 3,000 faculty members, about 1,350 support staff, and 781 student employees.
Other University of Maryland, Baltimore key statistics include two libraries—the Thurgood Marshall Law Library, and the Health Sciences and Human Services Library (HS/HSL). The HS/HSL was established in 1813. It houses numerous collections, including the Crawford Collection. It has 108 databases, over 360,000 print volumes, at least 5,000 serial titles, and over 17,400 electronic book titles. Meanwhile, the Thurgood Marshall Law Library manages more than 400,000 columns of Anglo-American legal materials.
The university is also an affiliate of several national and international organizations, including the National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program, and the Southeastern Universities Research Association.
University of Maryland, Baltimore Research
The university is classified among “R2: Doctoral Universities” with high research activity. Its research funding mostly comes from external sources, including the National Institutes of Health, the Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention, and the Blavatnik National Awards for Young Scientists.
Its top fields of research are medicine, biology, and surgery. University of Maryland, Baltimore research outputs have been published in prestigious journals like The New England Journal of Medicine, The Lancet, and Nature Genetics.
Meanwhile, its researchers have attended major scholarly conferences, such as WebSci: Web Science, ICLR: International Conference on Learning Representations, and NAACL: North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics.
The most cited University of Maryland, Baltimore research publication is MacKerell et al.'s (1998) "All-atom empirical potential for molecular modeling and dynamics studies of proteins" which was published in the Journal of Physical Chemistry B and has so far been cited 13,904 times. It is followed by Poser et al.'s (1983) "New diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: Guidelines for research protocols," which was featured in Annals of Neurology and has received 9,426 citations. Another widely cited publication from the university is Auton et al.'s (2015) "A global reference for human genetic variation,” which was published in Nature, with 8,573 citations to date.
The university has several research centers and institutes. These include the UM Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Biology and Behavior Across the Lifespan Organized Research Center, and the Center for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine.
D-index (Discipline H-index) only includes papers and citation values for an examined discipline in
contrast to General H-index which accounts for publications across all disciplines.
Our research was coordinated by Imed Bouchrika, PhD, a computer scientist with a well-established record
of collaboration on a number of international research projects with different partners from the academic
community. His role was to make sure all data remained unbiased, accurate, and up-to-date.
We list only scientists having D-Index >= 70 within the area of
Medicine. If you or other scholars are not listed, we appreciate if you can