Position in the ranking is based on each scientist’s D-index using data compiled from
OpenAlex and CrossRef by December 21st 2022.
This ranking lists all the best researchers from the Medicine discipline and
affiliated with Shiga University of Medical Science.
There are a total of 5 researchers included.
The total sum for the D-index values for the best scientists
in Shiga University of Medical Science is 413 with a mean value for
the h-index of 82.60. The total sum of
publications for the best scientists in Shiga University of Medical Science is 3,125 with the
mean value for publications per scientist of 625.00.
Shiga University of Medical Science
Shiga University of Medical Science is a national university located in Ōtsu, Shiga, Japan. It was established in 1974 and is known for its high reputation in medical research and medical sciences programs. Its notable course offerings include nursing, medicine, and biology.
Shiga University of Medical Science Key Statistics
The university comprises two undergraduate schools and two graduate schools including the School of Medicine, the Graduate School of Nursing, and the Graduate School of Medicine. It offers two undergraduate and four postgraduate programs. Some of its most sought-after programs include Bachelor of Medicine, Master of Nursing, and Master of Medicine.
Shiga University of Medical Science's student population is approximately 1,150, around 82% of whom are undergraduates while the remaining 18% are postgraduate students. It has over 1,280 employees including more than 820 technicians and nurses. The university also has an international house situated in Kusatsu, Shiga, Japan.
The other Shiga University of Medical Science key statistics include the university library that has approximately 180,000 books that are mostly dedicated to medical sciences. It also houses about 10,000 scientific journals that are either in print or electronic. The university is also home to the University hospital with more than 30 clinical departments that conduct clinical services as well as medical research and education. It was awarded by the Japan Council for Quality Health Care with the certificate of Hospital Accreditation Standards in 2004.
Shiga University of Medical Science Research
The university is a leading research institution with several comprehensive collaboration agreements with financial institutions that help support its research activities. These financial institutions include the Shiga Chuou Shinkin Bank, The Shiga Bank Ltd., and the Kansai Mirai Banking Corp. Its top fields of research are medicine, biology, and endocrinology.
Shiga University of Medical Science research outputs have been published in prestigious journals like Circulation, Hypertension Research, and Nature Genetics. Its researchers have attended major scholarly conferences such as EMBC: International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, ICIP: International Conference on Image Processing, and ICRA: International Conference on Robotics and Automation.
The most cited Shiga University of Medical Science research publication is Schlemper et al.'s (2000) "The Vienna classification of gastrointestinal epithelial neoplasia." This was published in Gut and has so far been cited 2,416 times.
The university’s second most cited publication is Fujino et al.'s (2003) "Increased expression of interleukin 17 in inflammatory bowel disease," which was featured in Gut and has received 2,205 citations.
Moreover, the university’s third most cited publication is Oh et al.'s (2010) "GPR120 is an omega-3 fatty acid receptor mediating potent anti-inflammatory and insulin sensitizing effects,” which was published in Cell with 2,173 citations.
The university has several research centers and institutes. These include the Center for Advanced Medicine against Cancer, the Research Center for Animal Life Science, and the Education Center for Medicine and Nursing.
The other university’s research statistics include its five key research projects. These include studies on neurodegenerative diseases, cancer treatment research, and gene-modified cynomolgus monkey.
D-index (Discipline H-index) only includes papers and citation values for an examined discipline in
contrast to General H-index which accounts for publications across all disciplines.
Our research was coordinated by Imed Bouchrika, PhD, a computer scientist with a well-established record
of collaboration on a number of international research projects with different partners from the academic
community. His role was to make sure all data remained unbiased, accurate, and up-to-date.
We list only scientists having D-Index >= 70 within the area of
Medicine. If you or other scholars are not listed, we appreciate if you can