Position in the ranking is based on each scientist’s D-index using data compiled from
OpenAlex and CrossRef by December 21st 2022.
This ranking lists all the best researchers from the Environmental Sciences discipline and
affiliated with University of North Carolina Wilmington.
There are a total of 5 researchers included.
The total sum for the D-index values for the best scientists
in University of North Carolina Wilmington is 189 with a mean value for
the h-index of 37.80. The total sum of
publications for the best scientists in University of North Carolina Wilmington is 560 with the
mean value for publications per scientist of 112.00.
University of North Carolina Wilmington
University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW, UNC Wilmington) is a public research university located in Wilmington, North Carolina. It was established in 1947 and is known as one of the leading universities in the country. Its notable course offerings include arts and humanities, earth and planetary sciences, and economics.
University of North Carolina Wilmington Key Statistics
The university comprises five schools and three colleges, including the Cameron School of Business, the School of Health and Applied Human Sciences, and the School of Social Work. It offers 58 undergraduate, 36 master's, and four doctorate programs. Some of its in demand graduate programs include Master of Business Administration - Executive, International, Online, Professional, Master of Science in Finance and Investment Management, and Master of Science in Computer Science and Information Systems.
University of North Carolina Wilmington's student population is approximately 17,900, around 82% are undergraduates while the remaining 18% are postgraduate students. It has nearly 2,500 employees, including more than a thousand faculty members and about 1,400 administrative staff on its three campuses. One of its campuses is situated in Jacksonville, North Carolina while the other is also located in Wilmington near Myrtle Grove.
Other University of North Carolina Wilmington key statistics include its main library, the William Madison Randall Library. The university library holds numerous materials in print like around 482,000 books, at least 3,600 serials, and over 188,000 physical media. It also holds numerous electronic items, including about 418,600 electronic books, 100,000 digital serials, and more than 40,000 digital media. The library also subscribes to nearly 360 databases.
University of North Carolina Wilmington Research
Its top fields of research are biology, psychology, and ecology. University of North Carolina Wilmington research outputs have been published in prestigious journals like PLOS ONE, Social Science Research Network, and bioRxiv.
Its researchers have attended major scholarly conferences, such as Big Data: International Conference on Big Data, BTAS: International Conference on Biometrics: Theory, Applications and Systems, and CVPR: Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition.
The most cited University of North Carolina Wilmington research publication is Taylor and Baker's (1994) "An assessment of the relationship between service quality and customer satisfaction in the formation of consumers' purchase intentions." This was published in the Journal of Retailing and has so far been cited 3,440 times.
The university’s second most cited publication is Cariton and Geller's (1993) "Ecological roulette: The global transport of nonindigenous marine organisms," which was featured in Science and has received 2,403 citations.
Moreover, the university’s third most cited publication is Anderson et al.'s (2003) "The influence of media violence on youth,” which was published in Psychological Science in the Public Interest with 1,727 citations to date.
The university has several research centers and institutes. These include the Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship, the Swain Center for Professional and Executive Education, and the Center for Marine Science.
Other university research statistics include its regular sources of research funding like the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, and the North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
University of North Carolina Wilmington,
Our research was coordinated by Imed Bouchrika, PhD, a computer scientist with a well-established record
of collaboration on a number of international research projects with different partners from the academic
community. His role was to make sure all data remained unbiased, accurate, and up-to-date.
We list only scientists having D-Index >= 30 within the area of
Environmental Sciences. If you or other scholars are not listed, we appreciate if you can