Position in the ranking is based on each scientist’s D-index using data compiled from
OpenAlex and CrossRef by December 21st 2022.
This ranking lists all the best researchers from the Computer Science discipline and
affiliated with University of Technology Sydney.
There are a total of 29 researchers included with 2 of them also being included in the global ranking.
The total sum for the D-index values for the best scientists
in University of Technology Sydney is 1,403 with a mean value for
the h-index of 48.38. The total sum of
publications for the best scientists in University of Technology Sydney is 9,278 with the
mean value for publications per scientist of 319.93.
University of Technology Sydney
University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is a public research university located in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It was established in 1988 and is recognized as one of the top young universities in the world. Its known course offerings include nursing, art and design, and library and information management.
University of Technology Sydney Key Statistics
The university comprises nine faculties and schools including the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, the Faculty of Design, Architecture, and Building, and the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. It offers more than 130 undergraduate and 210 postgraduate programs. Some of its most sought-after graduate programs include Master of Environmental Engineering Management, Master of Business Administration in Entrepreneurship, and Master of Not-for-Profit and Social Enterprise Management.
University of Technology Sydney's student population is approximately 46,328, around 73% of whom are undergraduates while the remaining 27% are postgraduate students. It employs over 4,400 faculty members and administrative staff in its main campus and three campus precincts. Its campus precincts are in Haymarket, Broadway, and Blackfriars.
The other University of Technology Sydney key statistics include the UTS library which has several special collections including the China Library, Kohler Collections, and the Norman Lindsay Collections. It has a total of 1.3 million items accessible using the library catalog. UTS library also has more than 430,000 electronic titles including 360,000 electronic books and close to 68,000 electronic journals. The library also employs the automated Library Retrieval System which houses around 640,000 items and has a capacity for about 1 million items.
University of Technology Sydney Research
UTS is a research-intensive institution, with recognized expertise in the fields of health, future industries, and sustainability. In terms of research publication, its top fields of research are computer science, artificial intelligence, and pattern recognition.
University of Technology Sydney research outputs have been published in prestigious journals like arXiv: Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, and Social Science Research Network.
Its researchers have attended major scholarly conferences such as CVPR: Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, NeurIPS: Neural Information Processing Systems, and IJCAI: International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
The most cited University of Technology Sydney research publication is Hair et al.'s (2011) "PLS-SEM: Indeed a silver bullet." This was published in The Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice and has so far been cited 13,098 times.
The university’s second most cited publication is Cordell et al.'s (2009) "The story of phosphorus: Global food security and food for thought," which was featured in Global Environmental Change-Human and Policy and has received 4,661 citations.
Moreover, the university’s third most cited publication is Thery et al.'s (2018) “Minimal information for studies of extracellular vesicles 2018 (MISEV2018): A position statement of the International Society for Extracellular Vesicles and update of the MISEV2014 guidelines,” which was published in the Journal of Extracellular Vesicles, with 3,676 citations.
The university has several research centers and institutes. These include the Centre for Health Economics Research and Evaluation, the Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine, and the Centre for Advanced Modelling and Geospatial Information Systems.
D-index (Discipline H-index) only includes papers and citation values for an examined discipline in
contrast to General H-index which accounts for publications across all disciplines.
Our research was coordinated by Imed Bouchrika, PhD, a computer scientist with a well-established record
of collaboration on a number of international research projects with different partners from the academic
community. His role was to make sure all data remained unbiased, accurate, and up-to-date.
We list only scientists having D-Index >= 30 within the area of
Computer Science. If you or other scholars are not listed, we appreciate if you can