Position in the ranking is based on each scientist’s D-index using data compiled from
OpenAlex and CrossRef by December 21st 2022.
This ranking lists all the best researchers from the Animal Science and Veterinary discipline and
affiliated with Georgia Southern University.
There are a total of 4 researchers included with 4 of them also being included in the global ranking.
The total sum for the D-index values for the best scientists
in Georgia Southern University is 147 with a mean value for
the h-index of 36.75. The total sum of
publications for the best scientists in Georgia Southern University is 516 with the
mean value for publications per scientist of 129.00.
Georgia Southern University
Georgia Southern University (GSU or Georgia Southern) is a public research university located in Statesboro, Georgia. It was established in 1906 and is known as the fifth-largest higher institution in the University System of Georgia. Its notable course offerings include biology, psychology, and mechanical engineering.
Georgia Southern University Key Statistics
The university comprises 10 colleges including the College of Engineering and Computing, the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences, and the College of Graduate Studies. It offers more than 150 undergraduate and over 100 postgraduate degree programs.
Georgia Southern University's student population is approximately 27,000, around 87% of whom are undergraduates while the remaining 13% are postgraduate students. It employs about 7,100 employees on its three campuses, namely, the main Statesboro Campus, the Liberty Campus located in Hinesville, and the Armstrong Campus in Savannah.
The other Georgia Southern University key statistics include its campus libraries like the Lane Library at Armstong campus and the Zach S. Henderson Library. The Lane Library holds a collection of around 870,000 items including nearly 213,000 volumes of books and over 35,000 microforms, as well as provides access to around 500 scholarly databases and 10,000 more periodicals.
The university also manages the Georgia Southern Botanical Garden which is home to a number of endangered plants and several themed gardens including the Native Plant Landscape Garden, the Rose Arbor, and the Native Azalea Collection. The university is also an affiliate member of the National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program.
Georgia Southern University Research
The university is classified among “R2 or Doctoral Universities” with “High Research Activity.” Its top fields of research are psychology, medicine, and biology.
Georgia Southern University research outputs have been published in prestigious journals like Social Science Research Network, medRxiv, and Journal of Medical Entomology. Its researchers have attended major scholarly conferences such as SoutheastCon: SoutheastCon, GLOBECOM: Global Communications Conference, and SMC: Systems, Man, and Cybernetics.
The most cited Georgia Southern University research publication is Mentzer et al.'s (2001) "Defining supply chain management." This was published in the Journal of Business Logistics and has so far been cited 7,635 times.
The university’s second most cited publication is Hoffman et al.'s (2010) "The impact of conservation on the status of the world’s vertebrates," which was featured in Science and has received 1,451 citations.
Moreover, the university’s third most cited publication is Miles and Covin's (2000) "Environmental marketing: A source of reputational, competitive, and financial advantage,” which was published in the Journal of Business Ethics and has received 1,438 citations.
The university has several research laboratories, centers, and institutes. These include the Cyber-security, Wireless Systems, and Networking Innovations Laboratory, the Karl E. Peace Center for Biostatistics and Survey Research, and the Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing Research Labs.
The other university’s research statistics include the university’s annual research and development expenditure of about $14.8 million. The university has also been granted a $15.6 million research fund for the fiscal year of 2020 alone.
D-index (Discipline H-index) only includes papers and citation values for an examined discipline in
contrast to General H-index which accounts for publications across all disciplines.
Our research was coordinated by Imed Bouchrika, PhD, a computer scientist with a well-established record
of collaboration on a number of international research projects with different partners from the academic
community. His role was to make sure all data remained unbiased, accurate, and up-to-date.
We list only scientists having D-Index >= 20 within the area of
Animal Science and Veterinary. If you or other scholars are not listed, we appreciate if you can