This ranking lists all the best researchers from the Electronics and Electrical Engineering discipline and
affiliated with University of South Wales. There are a total of
1 researchers included with 0 of them
also being included in the global ranking.
University of South Wales
University of South Wales (USW) is a public research university located in Cardiff, Newport and Pontypridd, Wales. It was established in 2013 as a result of the merging of the University of Wales, Newport and the University of Glamorgan. The university is the second-largest university in the country with student number as the basis. Its notable course offerings include education, engineering, and biological sciences.
University of South Wales Key Statistics
The university comprises three faculties and 11 schools including the Faculty of Life Sciences and Education, Faculty of Creative Industries, and the Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Science. It offers over 200 undergraduate and more than 170 postgraduate programs. Some of its most sought-after graduate programs include Master of Arts in Counselling Children and Young People, Master of Science in Financial Services Management, and Master of Science in Computer Systems Security.
University of South Wales's student population is approximately 23,090, around 77% of whom are undergraduates while the remaining 23% are postgraduate students. It has about 2,780 employees including administrative staff on its three campuses that are located in Newport City Centre, Cardiff, and Pontypridd.
The other University of South Wales key statistics include its university library that holds close to 11,000 books and nearly 11,000 electronic books. It also manages more than 10,000 electronic resources and subscriptions to 365 databases.
Moreover, the university is also an affiliate member of several national and international organizations. These include the Association of Commonwealth Universities, Universities UK, and the University Alliance.
University of South Wales Research
USW research has been rated internationally excellent and world-leading in terms of impact, particularly among studies on creative industries. Its research projects are funded through internal and external funding agencies, including the European Regional Development Fund, SMART Expertise, and Innovate U.K.
Its top fields of research are control theory, mathematics, and medicine. University of South Wales research outputs have been published in prestigious journals like IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, and IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks.
Its researchers have attended major scholarly conferences such as SMC: Systems, Man and Cybernetics, NGMAST: Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services and Technologies, and CDC: Conference on Decision and Control.
The most cited University of South Wales research publication is Gill et al.'s (2008) "Methods of data collection in qualitative research: Interviews and focus groups." This was published in the British Dental Journal and has so far been cited 3,974 times.
The university’s second most cited publication is Burnard et al.'s (2008) "Analysing and presenting qualitative data," which was featured in British Dental Journal and has received 1,522 citations.
Moreover, the university’s third most cited publication is Kasprzyk-Hordern et al.'s (2009) "The removal of pharmaceuticals, personal care products, endocrine disruptors and illicit drugs during wastewater treatment and its impact on the quality of receiving waters,” which was published in Water Research with 1,484 citations.
The university has several research centers and institutes. These include the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Paradigms, the Wireless and Optoelectronics Research and Innovation Centre, and the Geographical Information Systems Research Centre.
D-index (Discipline H-index) only includes papers and citation values for an examined discipline in
contrast to General H-index which accounts for publications across all disciplines.
Our research was coordinated by Imed Bouchrika, PhD, a computer scientist with a well-established record
of collaboration on a number of international research projects with different partners from the academic
community. His role was to make sure all data remained unbiased, accurate, and up-to-date.
We list only scientists having D-Index >= 30 within the area of
Electronics and Electrical Engineering. If you or other scholars are not listed, we appreciate if you can